Saturday 16 April 2011

Art and such...


I'm turning into a bit of an art nut at the moment... it's a good thing, what with the foundation year looming, it's painty head all inviting but it's flank indication that my life will probably become an endless stretch of ink-pots and an empty wallet. Yep, the years gonna be something of a beautiful bitch.... I'm still craving it though. I found this video on the personal blog of one of my favourite artists, and it's easing the pangs slightly. I hate trying to replicate traditional art, and I hate studying the classics, BUT I do love a lot of the art itself. So, I have a bit of a soft spot for this video; good music, and brilliantly done real-life copies of everything from Van Gogh, to Munch. It's genius.

I've been watching a lot of Band of Brothers recently as well, and I've started cycling up to my favourite hill again - Gibbit Hill, situated directly on top (almost) of the new A3 tunnel. I think i now know what the two things have in common that I love. It's a sense of escape. Now, I'm not generally one for trying to be deep and meaningful and poignant on blogs anymore... in fact, I'm far more into trying to write like the wonderfully loquacious mr Brand when I can be bothered (it's not yet happened on this blog), but when I say "a sense of escape," I mean the freedom I experience on top of the hill, and the sense of it I get when watching a war movie. I hate violence, but a world torn apart is a world without rules or restraints... and whilst war would never appeal to me, the escape from the real world would, I think, give me a hell of a thrill. I get that on Gibbit Hill. Twisted, huh? Still, there's no point to this blog if I don't jot down with at least some degree of honesty my general ponderings. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment